Wednesday 7 November 2012

Stark Spotlight


Most people surrounded by design are familiar with the Stark name. 
For those who aren't, they are the owners of the amazing company 'Stark Carpet' that makes rugs and carpets I could only dream of owning.
Many are familiar with Ashley Stark's (the daughters) home which was featured in Domino Magazine back in 2006. My favourite picture from that spread...


That vintage mirrored vanity is to die for! I passed up nightstands exactly matching this (for a ridiculously cheap price) a month ago, and now I'm totally kicking myself!! Love, love love!

Her most recent home was feature in Elle Decor last year and was equally as stunning. My favourite shots from that spread...


The rope table, python bench, brass light fixture... what is there not to love about this shot.


I love the masculine feel of this room, the Milo Baughman chairs and the navy velvet sofa.

I know this shoot has been all over the internet waves, so I apologize for the repeat performance. However, it was all done to lead into my recent discovery (which might again be nothing new to some of you, but it is to me) - the home of Ashley's parents, John and Andrea Stark.

The home of John and Andrea Stark designed by Jeffrey Bilhuber might have been featured in House & Garden way back in 2005, but was far a head of it's time.

Via

That gilt marble console table is breathtaking! I can't even begin to express my feelings on the greenery going on in that vase!


Mirrored coffee table awesomeness, beyond amazing brass stools and the carpet - naturally!


That headboard could make any bedroom look like a million bucks!


And this is possibly the most exquisite dressing room I've ever seen. The dresser with lucite and brass handles is stunning. I am completely obsessed with the nail-studded grasscloth wall. I neeeeeeed something like that in my own home! Of course the leopard upholstered chairs make me squeal too. Perfection I tell you, perfection!

If you're already familiar with these snapshots I'm sorry; I hate to be a re-poster. But aren't they good enough to be seen over and over again?

S.

1 comment: