Friday 23 November 2012

Black Baby!!!

Happy Black Friday all you shopping enthusiasts, 
and the happiest of Thanksgiving weekends 
to our dear American readers!!


Aerin Lauder in Lonny
What a crazy busy (good busy) week! 

In addition to launching the boutique, there are all 
kinds of things brewing on the home front.

To start, yesterday the countertops in our kitchen 
were installed, and I am most pleased!!

We went with a white and grey granite, and for the 
life of me, I can't get a good pic of it in the 
light at the moment. 

Will post as soon as I can figure it out :).

And by pure coincidence it so happens that 
my hallway and two interior doors are being painted 
black on none other than Black Friday!! 

A definite meant to be sign :). 

You may recall I was considering P and L's Obsidian but 
ended up choosing Farrow and Ball's Off-Black.

























F and B's Off-Black in a room: 


I'll post a few progress shots later this aft.

And the seamstress I use - the loveliest woman you 
could ever hope to meet - was over on the weekend 
with the wonderful news that she will be able 
to make my draperies in time for Christmas!! 

Christmas cometh early!!!

I have chosen an ever-so-slightly off-white linen 
and have been pondering trims. In particular, 
I've been contemplating to greek key or 
not to greek key. 

Although we're seeing a lot of it these days, 
I think it has such a classic appeal and definite 
staying power, and I'm pretty sure it's a go.

I am eagerly awaiting trim samples from Clarence House 
- Grand Galon Athenee - and am crossing all my fingers 
that their black/white combo will read more like 
black/cream - my all time favourite pairing!!  


The drapes will be french pleat with a 6" pleat, 
which I can't wait to see

Now just need to find me a brass curtain rod 
and we're all set to go. Would love any suggestions!!

And last but definitely not least, I wanted to share 
a photo and an e-mail. It is from a customer (and now blog follower) of ours here in Ottawa. 

He writes: 
Hi Christine and Sarah, I just wanted to share a project I've just completed. Through your blog and Pinterest, I was inspired to paint this little dresser, the design came from the Roger & Gallet box, but the courage and determination came from you. Thanks for a great blog and for getting me hooked on Pinterest. Much success to your new boutique! All the best, Peter Fournier 

Wow wow wow!! 



Honestly, not only one of the sweetest e-mails 
I've ever received but check out the dresser!!!
Thank you so so much Peter for such kind words and 
for sharing your fabulous dresser!

Can't think of a nicer way to start the weekend than that.

Enjoy yours, and thank you so much for all of your support!
Not Canadian T/G, but we are thankful!!

Christine xoxo

1 comment:

  1. can not wait to see your new counters! I asked hubs if he'd be game for painting the interior side of our front door black, I think I may have convinced him. we'll see. the curtains sound perfect! I'm contemplating buying some linen drapes that I spotted at Lowes and adding a satin black trim...to go in the living room. decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete