Friday 16 November 2012

Friday Files: Office Edition


Happy Friday, followers! 

For some reason this has just been one of those crazy can't-wait-for-friday weeks.

I can't begin to say how thrilled I am that the weekend is upon us and to just have some good quality relaxation time with the famjam. Relaxing with two under the age of 3 might be a bit of a stretch, but at least I have some help from the hubs which helps me stay a little more sane ;)

Speaking of the Mr. of the house, amongst the million other things we have to complete, his office is relatively high up on that list. It is directly to your left when you walk in our front entrance and at the moment it is quite the sad story. I really don't understand how he's even productive in there with such minimal styling...okay, slightly kidding.

Here it is as of now. Sorry for the horrible picture as it was taken the other evening


Allow me to list the problems here:

A: The ugly office chair that NEEDS to be replaced with something easier on the eyes, yet still functional.
B: The rug. It is Flor tiles from our old house and is just way too bland and tired for this space.
C: The wall built-in stands out way to much IMO and looks too small surrounded by so much white, even though it's actually 9' wide.
D: The table in the middle. Love the lacquered black top, hate the legs.
E: Drapes - they need another panel to add some pattern and texture to the space.
F: To the left is all empty space in need of a couch or some suitable armchairs.

And last but not least, G: The WALLS!

Here's what I'm thinking. Actually, this picture is basically exactly what I want - pink carpet included!


However, that will never happen due to that male factor but really? Is there anything more amazing than that carpet!? AH!
Okay! Focus, focus.. I am so in love with any type of mouldings and think that this must happen. I also know that the Mr. (and I of course) want the walls to be dark. Real dark. So Black with thick crown moulding and wall panelling is the first choice.





This above office of Aerin Lauder's East Hampton home is right up there with the first pic on amazingness. I love the lacquered black walls and carpet. Some form of graphic rug has to happen.

I just love the rich elegant feel of this option!

And the second option is grasscloth. My husband gets really excited with this idea as he basically wants surf/ocean/palm tree pictures everywhere and grasscloth somehow equals beachy. However, he has slowly but surely seen the light and is beginning to appreciate my taste as well. So he really still loves the above option. 

Okay, back to the grasscloth...







Not your typical brown tone, but pretty much as dark as it comes. I think this could add some nice texture to the room and definitely give it a different feel from the rest of the house. 

And the last option is this wallpaper...

Pheasant by Twigs

It can be seen applied to the back of this bookshelf


For those of you who are huge fans of Kourtney Kardashian (Yes, that's right.. not even afraid to admit it!) then you might recognize it as the wallpaper used in her family room.

So I'm stuck. What do you think? Black with moulding, black grasscloth or Pheasant? I'd love to get some thoughts as I want to seriously start putting this space together. 

.....

Speaking of things coming together, we have something very large and exciting happening next week that has to do with the Shop.



 You will DEFINITELY want to pop by to see what's up!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

S,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment