Friday 7 September 2012

Colourless Colour

Colour, why do I fear you?

I have this thing with colour. If someone were to ask me what my favourite colour was I would have to say I don't have one - because black "isn't considered a colour" - or something like that. 
Whether it's in my wardrobe or my home I literally can't be pulled away from choosing neutral - always (I want to change, I really do!!). I am so drawn to the more masculine interiors with plenty of black, beige, white and of course lots and lots of metals. Add a few pops of colour here and there from artwork and accessories and you have my dream. I find something so calming about these tones, yet at the same time so glamorous. I have found so many examples where *in my opinion* this was perfectly executed. {Cue eye-candy}

Janet Rice Interiors

David Hicks

Lonny Mag

Now don't get me wrong, I am beside myself when I see a Kelly Wearstler-designed interior full of colour, pattern and all things ridiculously amazing. I think it's just going to take some baby steps before I can actually dive right into a full room of more than just black, white & gold.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment