Tuesday 11 September 2012

One Singular Sensation

Lately I'm finding myself inspired by the power of that one perfect piece that just breathes life into a space. Whether it be a light fixture, piece of art, chair or that perfect accessory, it's that piece that just commands your attention and leaves you thinking about it for days - 
you know the feeling I'm talking about...

This happened to me recently after seeing Benjamin Dhong's design of a San Franciso row house in the September issue of House Beautiful. I could go on ad infinitum about this space, but for now I'll focus on his selection of accessories.

Benjamin Dhong via House Beautiful

Benjamin Dhong via House Beautiful

Benjamin Dhong via House Beautiful

There's not a single thing I could say that could possibly do justice...

I particularly fell in love with this 1950's Italian Candelabra and was determined to find one for myself. I posted the question to the HB site, and much to my delight received a response from Benjamin Dhong (or someone on his behalf). 
He replied that he had found the candelabra in a thrift shop! 
Of course he did.

Benjamin Dhong via House Beautiful

Well, while I sure didn't find any at my local thrift shop, by some small miracle I did manage to find an almost identical pair, and as Sarah can attest to, I was beyond the beyond!!

They are expected to arrive sometime early next month, and I will be sure to post again once I find it (or them) a suitable home, although at the moment I'm still so enamoured, I'm thinking of tucking them in beside me at night.

Until then, I leave you with what has me swooning as of late...

Jan Showers

Jan Showers

Suzanne Kasler

Adam Bram Straus via Lonny

Adam Bram Straus via Lonny

Blackman Cruz Harlow Bench

No comments:

Post a Comment