Monday 24 September 2012

The Closet Story

I loooooove clothes, jewellery, purses - basically fashion in general. I think I might have to say it's my first love - but interior design is definitely a close second (aside from my two little men and hubby of course!). When they are both done well it just feels right. So naturally finishing my closet is the best of both worlds for me. 
I've been trying to decide on what to do with our master bedroom for some time now, but I'm still a little up in the air on that front, so I've decided to dream up some ideas on the closet instead. 
Here is what we are starting with...



We have a large window on the right to work with. 
Yes, my husband does have some room - he's got the wall to the right that you can't see - and yes, it's roughly a quarter what I have.

Some simple mood board action of what I've been thinking about...

Idea #1
Light:JonathanAdler/Ceiling Medallion:HomeDepot/ Settee:1stdibs/Mirror:Vintage/Rug:ecowhides/Pillows:Kelly Wearstler fabric/Table:Style in Form
Idea #2
Light:DWR/Ottoman:Horchow/Rack:Ikea/Fabric:RobertAllen-MalakosInk

Some clothing racks along the window for extra storage - love the look of these in dressing rooms!
Examples...

via

And if someone could find/make me that exact pink skirted Ottoman I would be forever grateful. I'm hugely obsessed!

via
A classic, Jenna Lyons closet. You could never go wrong with this look.


...and idea #3
Light:JonathanAdler/Settee:1stdibs/Rug:rugsusa/Fabric:Kelly Wearstler

I'm loving all of these, or some mixture of the three. Now, to find myself a vintage brass cheval mirror...

Enjoy your Monday Funday!
S.

1 comment:

  1. I was all set to do a dressing room but now, I need another baby room so out that window that went...I'll live vicariously though you in the meantime:) I love all of your plans...1 is probably my favourite just because when there's pink involved, I invariably pick it. #3 is my second favourite...really, you can't go wrong- they're all gorgeous! I can't wait to see it all come together:)))

    ReplyDelete